Sunday, January 9, 2011

Setting Goals

This week was definitely something special. I decided that this year I would set up some goals to try and accomplish. My mother says that if you write the goals down then you are more likely to accomplish them. Something about putting it out into the universe. So here I go. Lets hope this year I can keep them going.
Goals:
Lose weight. (approx 40-50 lbs before November 21st)
Run the Susan G Komen 5k
Start getting paid for Event Coordinating (my passion)
Get Healthy and Happy!
Take a vacation, a real, go somewhere new and relax vacation.
I believe that these are all attainable it will just be a matter of sticking to them and fighting to make things happen.

With this past week being month end at work, the week went by way to fast. One exciting thing that happened is we (my husband, son and I)  went to a meting at a school in our district for gifted and talented children. In our school district there are 3 different types of programs for children that are a little above the rest. There is a classical and dual language program that focuses on the arts and incorporates that into everyday learning. As well teaches in both English and Spanish. The 2nd program is a Math, Science and Technology program that focus on those subjects and incorporates it into the other programs. There is a heavy use of computers which Kasyn loves. And lastly there is an IB program that focuses on more English and Higher levels of learning. While Kaysn's preliminary test scores put him on the course of the IB program, I feel he would much rather prefer to focus on Music and Arts. Like dance and theatre. He is a true Ham and loves being the center of attention. While we are going to meetings at all of the schools, I have a feeling that the Classical program is the one he will choose. Final testing is in February so we have to study and make sure this is something that he wants. At the end of the day if he does not want to change schools I will not feel comfortable forcing him to do so. So lets keep our fingers crossed.

This coming week is going to be jam packed with things to do and things to get done. I need to repaint the living and dining rooms. We have 3 meetings at schools to go to. I need to decide which classes I am going to keep. I'm currently registered for 6 just to make sure I got the ones I wanted, but I need to cut that down to 4. Gotta go buy the school books for the classes I pick. (Not looking forward to that bill) And I'm also going to start "clipping coupons". Need to save money any way we can. Cant take a vacation if we cant save money. Busy week. Lets hope it a good one.

New Years resolutions update: Sticking with it so far. Its actually making the week go much smoother!

1 comment:

  1. I got a dvd in the mail from disney world that kind of tells you how to make going to disney world attainable for you(I REALLY WANT TO GO!) but you can borrow it if that's a vacation ya'll might want to save up for. There's also another website that's helpful. www.couponingtodisney.com

    ReplyDelete